PBXes » English » Bugs » RE: Calls not being transfered to voicemail in any ext.
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
cbb
Premium Account

Registration Date: 16.07.2014

Calls not being transfered to voicemail in any ext. Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,

Calls are no being transfer to voicemails, if not answered, in any extension.

I already reset the PBX and no change.

Please advice.

07.11.2016 21:35 cbb is offline Search for Posts by cbb Add cbb to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Calls not being transfered to voicemail in any ext. Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

According to your logs you've already solved this yesterday. If you want please share your solution.

09.11.2016 11:23 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
cbb
Premium Account

RE: Calls not being transfered to voicemail in any ext. Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Sorry,

Your assumption that the problem has been resolved is incorrect.

People can not leave messages in a voicemail if the call at the extension is not answered. Instead, the PBX ends the call.

This problem is affecting all extension across the board and it is damaging deeply our business.

I will appreciate if you can resolve this glitch in your system as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

10.11.2016 02:44 cbb is offline Search for Posts by cbb Add cbb to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

We assumed that because you said voicemail wouldn't be functioning at all and on an internal call directly to an extension you successfully got voicemail the day before yesterday.

There are two possible reasons why your voicemail on ringgroups does not work:

1) You have set the general ring timer to 30 seconds while your ring group timeout is 35 seconds. Try the other way round (the general ring timer longer than the timeout of the ring groups).

2) Incoming calls to your PBX are sent back into your PBX via SIP URIs in inbound routes. Try if sending directly to the appropriate menu or group solves the issue.

10.11.2016 10:37 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
cbb
Premium Account

Hi,

I took your 2 suggestions into consideration and did a lot of testing.

All calls ringing on a ring group ARE transferred to voicemail regardless of the setting of the general ring timer or regardless if the incoming routing was called using SIP URIs or not.

All calls ringing on an Ext ARE NOT transferred to voicemail IF the incoming routing was CALLED using SIP URIs by another incoming routing.

I need to use SIP URIs to create time sensitive menus.

What are your suggestions to solve this problem ?

Why calls ringing to Extensions behave differently than calls ringing to ring groups ?

Thanks,

11.11.2016 04:12 cbb is offline Search for Posts by cbb Add cbb to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: